Monday, April 12, 2010

Ode to the World's Unhealthiest Burger

I know how ironic this post sounds in light of my recent frustrations with dieting - but, to be fair, it is literally impossible to diet while at a county fair. It was a very last minute outing, as knowing that I would become a half-crazed-carb-and-grease-scarfing machine at the Fair, I had been avoiding it like the plague. That all seemed to have slipped my mind Saturday afternoon, though. I did think about attempting to eat healthy, but then kept having visions of myself collapsing into shrieking sobs, clinging to the base of the elephant ear vendor. Don't judge me.

And so, I gave myself a little break (okay, maybe not so little - more like, approximately, a 5,000 calorie break). Do not fear, I have picked up the dieting again today, though with much less crankiness to date as I bask in the memory of what was, quite possibly, the most delicious, indulgent morsel I have ever put in my mouth.

The Doughnut Burger
 .
.
.
.
.
.
Yes, you read that right. A hot, delicious, greasy burger patty smothered in salty bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato and nestled snugly between two sugary, sticky grilled Krispy Kreme doughnuts. A little slice of heaven, wrapped neatly in tin foil and boasting at least 1,500 calories to boot.

I know what you're thinking. My thought was the same when my friend Joyce described this remarkable confection to me - Uhm, Gross? Doughnuts and burget meat?? She assured me that it would be incredible, and me being the adventurous spirited eater that I am, I decided to split one with her.



Oh. My. God.

I cannot really describe to you how truly magnificent this "burger" is. Thank God the fair left town last night, or I would probably become their new best customer and my diet would be completely shot to hell. But if you have not yet tried this amazing creation, I urge you to attempt to create your own doughnut burger as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment