Monday, January 25, 2010

Nap time!

Today, I realized a few things worth noting.

1.) The quality of my mood is inextricably tied to the amount of traffic on the way to and home from work. For serious. I work at least an hour away from where I live, so an accident on the way really, really, really screws up my day. How can something so trivial affect me so much? Is it the control freak in me? Probably. But I was positively giddy when there was no traffic on the way home. It felt like Christmas morning. Better than Christmas morning. After the day I had, at last, baby Jesus took pity on me!

Second, my mood is also related to whether or not I've had my caffeine for the day. This afternoon, when I was seriously crashing, I realized that no one had made the usual afternoon colada. Suddenly, I was in a grave, dangerous situation. Would I make it past 4:00 PM without zonking out on my desk and getting fired? It was touch and go for a while. Luckily, a kind soul had brought leftover chocolate cake from her daughter's birthday and left it in the kitchen - total lifesaver! Chocolate has tons of caffeine, you know. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last but not least, my mood depends heavily on whether my husband was home late the night before. This whole sleep deprivation crap is really messing with my normal 'tude. Last night was a late one and I got about five hours of sleep. So today, I was pretty much a zombie all day. I know people were talking to me, but all I heard was blah, blah, blah, blah.. Right now I am snuggling in my bed with Chewbacca, about to take a LONG nap before, dun dun dun, The Bachelor!! Woot! Gawd that Jake is just delicious!

Until we meet again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment