Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I am a bad, bad blogger

Dear Bloggers,

Friends forgive me, for I have sinned. It has been more than a month since my last blog post.

This girl, two months ago, was determined to become the best and most committed blogger ever. I recruited followers and fellow bloggers, formatted my layout until it looked muy cute. Every week or so, I would open blogspot and sit down to type. And then, I realized....

My life is boring.

::sigh::

I just don't have interesting stuff to write about. No travels to document, no adorable baby pictures or fabulous home re-decorating projects to show off. Just me, my husband, our funny little dog and a happy family life. We shy away from drama. We go to dinner and a movie on Friday nights. We pay our bills on time.

My projects at the moment are the never-ending novel (that I seriously hope I finish some day) and trying desperately to stick to this god-forsaken diet that has me pulling my hair out for at least 50% of the day. Like for example, at the moment, I am bummed because I just finished my afternoon snack (a banana) and that means I don't get to eat again until dinner. And I forgot to take anything out to cook this morning. Which means, I will have to wait for something to defrost, or order in. Which means, I'm ordering in because the good lord knows that this calorie-starved woman will not wait more for more than thirty minutes after walking through the door to start ransacking the kitchen to find the Golden Oreos my husband hid from me.

(Dieting brings out the savage, uncivilized side of my nature).

Lately (mostly in sugar-withdrawal induced bouts of manic depression) I have been pondering...Who the hell decided to make the fattening foods taste so damn good? Who decided that chocolate cake would have 5,000 calories when it could just as easily have the same nutritional value as celery? Also, I have found out just how horrible and empty it feels when you reach the last cookie of your 100 Calorie Chips Ahoy-Pack.

Yeah, whoever made up that saying - "A second on the lips, forever on the hips" should be shot. Because they're right and I hate know-it-alls.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok THIS post makes you an amazing blogger! Hillarious my friend! This is not boring because people can relate to this. Its all about taking the mundane in life and making those experiences relatable. I for one just finished the most excruciating workout and am waiting while my chicken cooks in the oven. I am just about ready to open up a bag of chips but i am siting by the computer and thankfully, this popped up in my google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just opened a new blog, i need people to join so i can start the giveaways!
    snickersncream.blogspot.com/
    please join!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete